Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com> on 2012/05/06 12:55:23 UTC

WICKET-1.5.6 Feedback messages not updated on stateless pages

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of migrating a largish Wicket 1.4 application
to 1.5. When moving from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 something related to feedback
messages breaks.

On all my stateless pages, feedback messages are not rendered anymore when
using:

@Override
protected void onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form) {
target.addChildren(MyForm.this, FeedbackPanel.class);
}

The form is correctly traversed, all FeedbackPanels are added to the ajax
target, and the ajax response actually contains the updated markup for the
feedback panel. Just the message itself is missing and Wicket shows the
typical "Component-targeted feedback message has been left unrendered"
message.

I checked the JIRA issues for 1.5.6 but didn't see anything related to
feedback messages. Has there been some intentional change or is something
broken in 1.5.6?

Cheers,

Thomas

Re: WICKET-1.5.6 Feedback messages not updated on stateless pages

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
I've already created the ticket (WICKET-4536) and committed a fix.

Best regards,
Emond

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,