Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Radoslav Dorcik <di...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/21 22:42:55 UTC

is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?

Hello,

i'm trying to search some opensource lib for SOAP client communication in
C/C++.
I have been using for testing Axis C++ but it seems that it is not very
stable and not ready for production use (observed non-standard behavior,
segmentation faults). Is Axis C++ still developed ?

What is the status of Axis2 C ? Is version 1.0.0 stable and can be used in
production environment ?

Thanks,
Radoslav

Re: is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?

Posted by "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <fp...@gmx.de>.
Hi Radoslav,

> Well, as a developer of Axis2/C, I am tempted to say "yes it is
> production ready". :) However, it would be best if you could test. If
> you have any problems, I hope the community would be happy to help.

as Samisa says it is probably the best support for the developers when we
use it, use it and again use it! And whenever we have a problem write to
the group. In that we have to risk that we drive the developers mad with
our stupid questions and codes but after all we will have less questions
and a stable product.
We are at the edge of using Axis2/C in a productive environment and think
it will work. We hope that changing names and macros as it happened
between version 0.96 and 1.0 will not happen again as this could destruct
a lot of development very easily.

Greeting from Berlin,
Flori

Re: is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Radoslav Dorcik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to search some opensource lib for SOAP client communication
> in C/C++.
> I have been using for testing Axis C++ but it seems that it is not
> very stable and not ready for production use (observed non-standard
> behavior, segmentation faults). Is Axis C++ still developed ?
Yes, I think Nadir is working on Axis C++ with few others. It is alive.

> What is the status of Axis2 C ? Is version 1.0.0 stable and can be
> used in production environment ?
Well, as a developer of Axis2/C, I am tempted to say "yes it is
production ready". :) However, it would be best if you could test. If
you have any problems, I hope the community would be happy to help.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services Developers' Portal)

Re: is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 21:10 +0530, Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi,
> Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> writes:
>
> > Axis2 C is a complete redesign/rewrite from scratch in C instead of C++ to
> > achieve better modularity and performance (more/better explanations available
> > from the developers).
> I think Franz answer is lucid enough for you to understand difference
> between Axis-C++ and Axis2/C. One thing I can add is Axis2/C is
> implementing Axis2/Java [1] architecture [2] in C.

And another goal of Axis2/C is to plug it into different enviornments
such as PHP, Perl and mobile platforms.

- Manjula

Re: is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?

Posted by Radoslav Dorcik <di...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for answers. I will test the Axis2 C.

Best Regards,
Radoslav

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Axis2 C is a complete redesign/rewrite from scratch in C instead of C++
to achieve better modularity and performance (more/better explanations
available from the developers).
I too owe Nadir much thanks for his work.
Nevertheless from my perspective development of Axis C++ is stuck for
the moment.

Franz

Posted by Wayne Johnson <wd...@yahoo.com>.

--
[...]

---------------------------------
8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time

Re: is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Hi Radoslav,

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Radoslav,

Axis C++ is still developed, but mostly mainly from the client side of
things.  Nobody currently is doing much server-side fixes although if the
fix is simple enough I will merge in.

So if you see client-side problems, open a jira, attach wsdl and expected
SOAP response....

Nadir K. Amra