Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Christian Töpp <ch...@lokale-internetwerbung.de> on 2018/11/30 08:42:20 UTC

possible segfault in poll/unix/epoll.c

Hi, i have found that in function

static apr_status_t impl_pollset_remove(apr_pollset_t *pollset,
                                        const apr_pollfd_t *descriptor)

neither pollset nor descriptor are checked for NULL-pointers. i have
seen some segfaults on my dev-machine according to this function.

regards
-Chris

Re: possible segfault in poll/unix/epoll.c

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
> On 30 Nov 2018, at 08:42, Christian Töpp <ch...@lokale-internetwerbung.de> wrote:
>
> Hi, i have found that in function
>
> static apr_status_t impl_pollset_remove(apr_pollset_t *pollset,
>                                        const apr_pollfd_t *descriptor)
>
> neither pollset nor descriptor are checked for NULL-pointers. i have
> seen some segfaults on my dev-machine according to this function.

APR doesn't generally offer strong guarantees on pointer checking.
Do you have a traceback of what's passing it null pointers?

--
Nick Kew