Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shashank <sh...@icmg.nu> on 2002/03/20 13:57:26 UTC

automatic loading..

HI !

I deployed new application "PetStore "  (my own) on tomact.

but whenever i recompile and put new files in the application
folder..correctly..the server doesn't reloads the servlet automatically.

Everytime I have to restart the serever...time consuming and
frustrating..as current;y am on development stage..

jelp me  out..where o set what so that ...

Shashank

Re: automatic loading..

Posted by James Williamson <ja...@nameonthe.net>.
> > --
>
> Well the best way for yu is just to install the manager features.
>
> That's exactly what for it was made.
>
> Hope this help.
>
> Jean-Luc B :O)

Although the manager 'install webapp feature' doesn't work with mod_webapp
unless you
restart Apache.

Regards,

James Williamson
www.nameonthe.net

Logout Failure - Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Karthik Gopal <ka...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I have simple application, which has a logout feature in it's pages.
The logout servlet gets the session object from request, and passes the
session id to the CtrSessionEnd.
This class has a list of active sessions, it goes through the list checking
if the session id sent is equal to
the session id of the session in the list.
This exception occurs when I try to get the session id of the session in the
list.

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpSessionFacade.getId(HttpSessionFacade.java:114)
 at
com.art.controller.CtrSessionEnd.invalidateSession(CtrSessionEnd.java:259)
 at LogoutServlet.doGet(LogoutServlet.java:73)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
 at
 at