Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ElSe <el...@mail.ru> on 2009/06/18 08:43:26 UTC

ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue question

Hello!

My application sends non-persistent messages to the queue. The expiration
time for messages is set to 2 seconds. I want to receive notification from
the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue.<MyQueue>. I organized subscription to
this queue but met strange problem: the messages aren't sent there
continiously. They expire but notifications come to the Expired.Queue when I
click on the my queue name to browse it in the web console
(<myhost>:8161/admin/queues.jsp) only.
As far as I understand the expiration notifications should  be sent without
any external events, shouldn't they? What can be the reason of such strange
behaviour?

Best regards,
Elena.

Re: ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue question

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
yea, this is reported at https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1112

There are a bunch of votes for this feature, think it would make sense to
get something done on this for 5.3. I will give it some time next week.

2009/6/18 ElSe <el...@mail.ru>

> Yes, I subscribe to the topic (use
> AdvisorySupport.getExpiredQueueMessageAdvisoryTopic())
> and it isn't problem to receive the messages  - the problem is to make
> broker to send them - they are expired but stay in the queue till I browse
> them with web console.
> I found this discussion -
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Expired-messages-are-not-being-removed-from-queues-td21967682.html
> as far as I understand there is no solution but workaround only.
>
> BR,
> Elena.
>
> rajdavies wrote:
> >

> > On 18 Jun 2009, at 07:43, ElSe wrote:
> >

> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> My application sends non-persistent messages to the queue. The
> >> expiration
> >> time for messages is set to 2 seconds. I want to receive
> >> notification from
> >> the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue.<MyQueue>. I organized
> >> subscription to
> >> this queue but met strange problem: the messages aren't sent there
> >> continiously. They expire but notifications come to the
> >> Expired.Queue when I
> >> click on the my queue name to browse it in the web console
> >> (<myhost>:8161/admin/queues.jsp) only.
> >> As far as I understand the expiration notifications should  be sent
> >> without
> >> any external events, shouldn't they? What can be the reason of such
> >> strange
> >> behaviour?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Elena.
> >> --
> >>

> > Advisories are sent over topics - are you subscribing to a topic ?
> >

> > cheers,
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > Rob Davies
> > http://fusesource.com
> > http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue question

Posted by ElSe <el...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.