Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2009/06/15 05:18:33 UTC

Release of Synapse 1.3

Hi all

I am sorry I've been a bit busy lately, but now we have Axis2 1.5
released, HttpComponents 4.0.1 on the way etc.. However, I am not sure
on the release plans of Rampart/Sandesha etc - Ruwan are you aware?

I am also seeing some refactoring of the Commons/Transports by Andreas,
and assume we should pick a new release of it if/once thats complete.
Also from the JIRA's marked fix for 1.3, the remaining bugs seem to be
pushable into 1.3.1 - Synapse-527, 348, 330, 310.

I think we should draw the line, and start on a first RC now (as soon as
Andreas can confirm the Transport refactoring are ready).. then wait for
Rampart/Sandesha to release. I am also ok to branch out, so that others
can continue development of anything else on trunk - *if thats
required*. But basically whats there right now - to go into Synapse 1.3

Please let me know your thoughts on this

thanks
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: Release of Synapse 1.3

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
2009/6/15 Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>

> This is an issue every time we do a release. I wonder if we should
> split out the Rampart/Sandesha2 integration into some separate modules
> so we can do releases without them and then play catch up when they
> are available? Not sure if that would work!

+1 .. I always wanted those separated ;-).

Ideal would be to separate them to the point of getting a startup time error
if you use those features and the code ain't there.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: Release of Synapse 1.3

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
2009/6/15 Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>

> This is an issue every time we do a release. I wonder if we should
> split out the Rampart/Sandesha2 integration into some separate modules
> so we can do releases without them and then play catch up when they
> are available? Not sure if that would work!

+1 .. I always wanted those separated ;-).

Ideal would be to separate them to the point of getting a startup time fatal

Re: Release of Synapse 1.3

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
This is an issue every time we do a release. I wonder if we should
split out the Rampart/Sandesha2 integration into some separate modules
so we can do releases without them and then play catch up when they
are available? Not sure if that would work!

Paul

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Asankha C. Perera<as...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am sorry I've been a bit busy lately, but now we have Axis2 1.5 released,
> HttpComponents 4.0.1 on the way etc.. However, I am not sure on the release
> plans of Rampart/Sandesha etc - Ruwan are you aware?
>
> I am also seeing some refactoring of the Commons/Transports by Andreas, and
> assume we should pick a new release of it if/once thats complete. Also from
> the JIRA's marked fix for 1.3, the remaining bugs seem to be pushable into
> 1.3.1 - Synapse-527, 348, 330, 310.
>
> I think we should draw the line, and start on a first RC now (as soon as
> Andreas can confirm the Transport refactoring are ready).. then wait for
> Rampart/Sandesha to release. I am also ok to branch out, so that others can
> continue development of anything else on trunk - *if thats required*. But
> basically whats there right now - to go into Synapse 1.3
>
> Please let me know your thoughts on this
>
> thanks
> asankha
>
> --
> Asankha C. Perera
> AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org
>
> http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Release of Synapse 1.3

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, there is no initiative for Sandesha or Rampart... I am not sure
whether the earlier versions will work because there are Java5 changes on
the axis2-1.5.

I think we should really raise this on the axis2 community....

copying the axis2 list.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am sorry I've been a bit busy lately, but now we have Axis2 1.5 released,
> HttpComponents 4.0.1 on the way etc.. However, I am not sure on the release
> plans of Rampart/Sandesha etc - Ruwan are you aware?
>
> I am also seeing some refactoring of the Commons/Transports by Andreas, and
> assume we should pick a new release of it if/once thats complete. Also from
> the JIRA's marked fix for 1.3, the remaining bugs seem to be pushable into
> 1.3.1 - Synapse-527, 348, 330, 310.
>
> I think we should draw the line, and start on a first RC now (as soon as
> Andreas can confirm the Transport refactoring are ready).. then wait for
> Rampart/Sandesha to release. I am also ok to branch out, so that others can
> continue development of anything else on trunk - *if thats required*. But
> basically whats there right now - to go into Synapse 1.3
>
> Please let me know your thoughts on this
>
> thanks
> asankha
>
> --
> Asankha C. Perera