Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/13 12:23:36 UTC

Installing CouchDB 1.6.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 - problem with erlang-abi-15.b

Hi CouchDB Users,

This morning I struggled to install CouchDB 1.6.1 on my Ubuntu 14.04
machine. It would complain about not being able to find the virtual package
erlang-abi-15.b. Apparently the latest version of erlang-base (1:18.1) does
not provide this package, on which couchdb-bin depends.

My solution was to downgrade erlang to version 1:17.4 by asking aptitude
for a second opinion as described here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/696930/couchdb-unmet-dependencies-couchdb-bin-1-6-1-0ubuntu5-held-broken-package

I don't know if this is an Erlang problem, a CouchDB problem, or an Ubuntu
package management problem, but I'd appreciate it if you'd forward this
email to the correct place to get it fixed. Thanks!

-- Jim R. Wilson

Re: Installing CouchDB 1.6.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 - problem with erlang-abi-15.b

Posted by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alexander! I reported it to Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/erlang/+bug/1516082

-- Jim

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi,