Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Deniz Demir <de...@yfas.com.tr> on 2001/07/11 10:56:05 UTC

URL socket connection to servlet

Hi,

I have replaced my apache-jserv server with apache-tomcat. In this case my applet cannot open URL socket connection to my servlet that loads the applet.

The code in the applet is as follows:

      // Get the server URL
      String urlString = "http://" + getDocumentBase().getHost() + "/servlet/LoginServlet";
      java.net.URL url = new java.net.URL(urlString);
      System.out.println("- url: " + url.toString());

      // Attempt to connect to the host
      java.net.URLConnection con = url.openConnection();
      System.out.println("connection opened...");

And the error message from Java Console of Internet Explorer is as follows: (  www.yfas.com.tr:80//servlet/LoginServlet this address is shown in netscape as it is in the address bar, that is: www.yfas.com.tr/servlet/LoginServlet )

- url: http://www.yfas.com.tr/servlet/LoginServlet
connection opened...
java.io.FileNotFoundException: www.yfas.com.tr:80//servlet/LoginServlet
 at com/ms/net/wininet/http/HttpInputStream.connect
 at com/ms/net/wininet/http/HttpInputStream.<init>
 at com/ms/net/wininet/http/HttpURLConnection.createInputStream
 at com/ms/net/wininet/WininetURLConnection.getInputStream
 at com/ms/net/wininet/http/HttpPostBufferStream.close
 at java/io/FilterOutputStream.close
 at LoginApplet.validateUser
 at LoginApplet.handleEvent
 at java/awt/Component.postEvent