Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/01/10 20:36:48 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache etags.t

dougm@apache.org wrote:

>   this test does not work with 2.0

Um, but it's going to work with 2.0.  Please revert your patch
because it's broken.  The test for a 500 return allows the
test to skip on versions of Apache that don't have the directive
(like 1.3.22).  Your change will cause the skip to be a failure
instead.

The real issue is: why doesn't an invalid .htaccess file cause
a 500 on 2.0?  *That's* what needs to be solved.
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache etags.t

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> >
> > well, i said it was incomplete, MMN need to be checked too.
>
> I saw that you added it, but I'm not sure how to check it..

my $config = Apache::Test::config();
my $info = $config->{httpd_info};

my $major = $info->{MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR};
my $minor = $info->{MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR};

print "major=$major, minor=$minor\n";

> > skipping a test based on a 500 response code is bogus if you
> > ask me.
>
> Why?

you can't be sure what threw the 500 response.  but chances are probably
slim in this case it'd be something other than the directive isn't
available.  so no biggie.

Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache etags.t

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> well, i said it was incomplete, MMN need to be checked too.

I saw that you added it, but I'm not sure how to check it..

> skipping a test based on a 500 response code is bogus if you
> ask me.

Why?

> > The real issue is: why doesn't an invalid .htaccess file cause
> > a 500 on 2.0?  *That's* what needs to be solved.
>
> maybe because there is no .htaccess file that applies to
> /etags/test.txt

D'OH!
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache etags.t

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Um, but it's going to work with 2.0.  Please revert your patch
> because it's broken.  The test for a 500 return allows the
> test to skip on versions of Apache that don't have the directive
> (like 1.3.22).  Your change will cause the skip to be a failure
> instead.

well, i said it was incomplete, MMN need to be checked too.  and once its
supported in 2.0 the condition can be updated to reflect that.  skipping a
test based on a 500 response code is bogus if you ask me.  but isn't worth
fussing over, so i just backed it out.