Posted to users@camel.apache.org by hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com> on 2009/01/21 21:39:59 UTC

Using Camel without lock-in? swap out ESB later?

Any way to use Camel and later continue its use but swap out the ESB
(servicemix) for another vendor?
sonic? tibco?
MQ? ActiveMQ?

Thank you.

Re: Using Camel without lock-in? swap out ESB later?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think you can use Camel in the other ESB (JBI implementation)
such as open ESB[1].

For the other vendors non JBI implementation products, since camel is a
tiny and powerful tool, I think it is not difficult to embed camel into
them.

For the ActiveMQ , we already have the activemq-camel module to support it.

[1] http://wiki.open-esb.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=CamelSE

Willem

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
You can use the same jms queue between Camel instance running in servicemix
or standalone (with ActiveMq) and another instance running Tibco or Sonic MQ
or WebSphere MQ

hanasaki wrote:

> Any way to use Camel and later continue its use but swap out the ESB
> (servicemix) for another vendor?
> sonic? tibco?
> MQ? ActiveMQ?
>
> Thank you.

-----
Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect

My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: Using Camel without lock-in? swap out ESB later?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/21 hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com>:

> Any way to use Camel and later continue its use but swap out the ESB
> (servicemix) for another vendor?
> sonic? tibco?
> MQ? ActiveMQ?

In Camel usually the only real difference between messaging &
communication technologies (say sonic/tibco/MQ/ActiveMQ) or ESBs is
the URL you use in your routes. So its pretty trivial to switch your
Camel routes from any provider to any other provider.

Not only that it allows you to change technologies completely whenever
you like - be it switching from memory to files to JMS to AMQP to JBI
to databases (via JPA/hibernate/ibatis/JDBC) to HTTP or even
JavaSpaces
http://camel.apache.org/hiding-middleware.html

So rather than locking in - Camel explicitly becomes your personal
uber-locksmith letting you unpick those locks whenever you feel locked
in to any provider of a technology or even the technology itself! :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Using Camel without lock-in? swap out ESB later?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM, hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com> wrote:

> Any way to use Camel and later continue its use but swap out the ESB
> (servicemix) for another vendor?
> sonic? tibco?
> MQ? ActiveMQ?
Yes Camel is light weight and designed to be embedded into an existing
container, whatever type the container is. Camel can integrate with
JMS brokers using standard JMS. It can run inside a J2EE container,
web container, OSGi container, etc. etc.

You might find a bit of informiton you need at the FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/faq.html

> Thank you.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer