Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by ernst Developer <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/16 09:46:34 UTC

Derived attributes in Syncope

Hi,

As I understand it, Syncope supports the concept of derived attributes.
Derived attributes are configured using apache commons Jexl.

The scenario I am working on at the moment is:

    * We have a map of values containing keys that represent values we
receive in a multivalued attribute;
    * We need to translate the values from the multivalued attribute, by a
look-up in the map, and produce the value for the corresponding entry in
the map as result;
    * The resulting derived attribute should contain the list of values,
based upon the lookup;

Does the Syncope derived attributes implementation support this scenario?
If so, could you please clarify things for me?

Regards,
Ernst

Re: Derived attributes in Syncope

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 16/05/2012 11:42, ernst Developer wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Thanks for the reply. That makes it clear. Do you think a scenario as
> described will be possible in the future?

Hum, it seems quite "tailored" to me, I guess it would be hard to
configure this as general use case... anyway, if you want, you can try
to make it a bit more general and propose to include an implementation
in our rodmap: just draft an e-mail about this to
syncope-dev@incubator.apache.org!

> Another question: I need to store a value of the previous state
> (before the update of a user by a sync task). Do you have any advice
> for me how to do that?

If you want to customize the sync process, just plug in your own
implementation of SyncJobActions [2].

Regards.

> 2012/5/16 Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>>
>
>     On 16/05/2012 09:53, Fabio Martelli wrote:
>>     Il giorno 16/mag/2012, alle ore 09.46, ernst Developer ha scritto:
>>
>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     As I understand it, Syncope supports the concept of derived attributes. Derived attributes are configured using apache commons Jexl.
>>>
>>>     The scenario I am working on at the moment is:
>>>
>>>          * We have a map of values containing keys that represent values we receive in a multivalued attribute;
>>>          * We need to translate the values from the multivalued attribute, by a look-up in the map, and produce the value for the corresponding entry in the map as result;
>>>          * The resulting derived attribute should contain the list of values, based upon the lookup;
>>>
>>>     Does the Syncope derived attributes implementation support this scenario? If so, could you please clarify things for me?
>>     Hi Ernst,
>>     derived attribute implementation doesn't support this scenario.
>
>     JEXL expressions defining derived schema are evaluated against
>     plain attribute values [1]: if an user has
>
>      name: 'Francesco'
>      surname: 'Chicchiriccò'
>
>     and there is a cn derived schema defined as "name + ' ' +
>     surname", then this user will have
>
>       cn: 'Francesco Chicchiriccò'
>
>     Regards.
>
>     [1]
>     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Schema%2C+attributes+and+mapping#Schema%2Cattributesandmapping-Attribute

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/SynchronizationActionsClass

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Derived attributes in Syncope

Posted by ernst Developer <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 16/mag/2012, alle ore 09.46, ernst Developer ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> As I understand it, Syncope supports the concept of derived attributes. Derived attributes are configured using apache commons Jexl.
>
> The scenario I am working on at the moment is:
>
>     * We have a map of values containing keys that represent values we receive in a multivalued attribute;
>     * We need to translate the values from the multivalued attribute, by a look-up in the map, and produce the value for the corresponding entry in the map as result;
>     * The resulting derived attribute should contain the list of values, based upon the lookup;
>
> Does the Syncope derived attributes implementation support this scenario? If so, could you please clarify things for me?

Hi Ernst,
derived attribute implementation doesn't support this scenario.

Best regards,
F.