Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jared Smith <js...@digium.com> on 2007/11/12 16:44:14 UTC

Images and NullPointerExceptions

I apologize in advance if this question has already been covered
before... I've spent the last week trying everything I can think of to
get FOP to work for me, and I can't get anything to work.  I've tried to
do my homework and make sure I'm not doing anything silly, but I'm
stuck.

Going from DocBook to FO (using either xsltproc or xalan) and then from
FO to PDF using FOP seems to work fine for me, until I add images.  The
instant I add an image to my document, FOP starts giving me null pointer
exceptions.  I've boiled the problem down to a very simple document,
which I've pasted on my website at http://www.jaredsmith.net/fop/.  In
that directory, you'll find a very simple DocBook article.  I've also
included the output FO of both xsltproc and xalan, as well as a log of
what I did to create them (and the errors I got from FOP) in log.txt.

Things I've tried:
 o using FOP 0.94
 o using FOP trunk (compiled with support for jai and Jimi)
 o using GIF images instead of PNG images
 o using both JAI and JIMI

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary with my
files, or would like me to try something else.  I'm open to any and all
suggestions at this point.

-Jared Smith