Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/28 16:08:52 UTC

Integrating OFBiz with mobile clients

Hello Folks,

We're looking at possible architectures for communication between
OFBiz as a server and mobile apps (iOS & Android). In other frameworks
we usually achieve this using a RESTful API to communicate between
both end points.

Given that we didn't (yet) implement REST integration in OFBiz, what
are the possible architectures? Should we go with SOAP, HTTP requests,
something else? What would you consider to be the pros and cons? Did
anyone find a simple-enough solution to this?

Re: Integrating OFBiz with mobile clients

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Simple and beautiful, it's good to know that this is doable without
issues. Thank you for sharing Michael.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Taher,

Posted by Lokesh <lo...@mobinius.com>.
Dear Team,

We are in similar situation, where in Ofbiz 16.11 currently used, and we
want RESTFul API's for our Mobile app and Angular based web application.

Is there any successful RESTFul apis made by other developers @Satish and
@Taher?

What is the specific JAX-RS version is compatible or much easier to go
16.11?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Lokesh

--
Sent from: http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-User-f135036.html

Re: Integrating OFBiz with mobile clients

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satish,

Multiple discussions happened around REST integration and it is a work
in progress right now, you can check at the developers mailing list. I
was just trying to find a solution _now_ and Michael gave me a good
starting point.