Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/06/21 03:32:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/services/pool/util ArrayCtorRecyclable.java BoundedBuffer.java InitableRecyclable.java ObjectInputStreamForContext.java Recyclable.java RecyclableSupport.java

On 6/20/01 7:04 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> Why are these in a util sub-package?

Because they were in a util package, just as all the other ancillary
service code is for the other services.

I think the service code is distinct i.e. the three files that
usually make up a service implementation. Code the service uses
to function has up until this point been placed in a separate
util package: within the service itself or in turbine's util package.

I also like the separate package because some of this utility code
is being used solely by the service but it might be possible to
move these util packages to the commons eventually.

If a service requires dozens of utility classes I think it
makes a mess having them all in the same package.

> They should be in the same
> package as the rest of the service (for reasons already stated).

Why? Where are the reasons, I must have missed them.

--

jvz.

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine