Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2008/01/07 19:00:29 UTC

Tika 0.1-incubating released

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made it's
first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating. The release is
available from the Tika home page:

http://incubator.apache.org/tika/

Click on the "Download" link in the upper left corner of the web page to go
to a mirror closest to you to get the release.

Thanks to all who contributed to the release, and it's been fun being the
release manager for this version. Thanks for everyone's help on it.

The current development version of Apache Tika is 0.2-incubating. I look
forward to another successful development/release cycle with all those
involved. So, enjoy, and developers, happy Tika'ing!

Nutch'ers, I expect to post a patch for review within the next week or so,
updating Nutch's use of Tika to this official release, and working through
the TikaConfig issue currently in JIRA.

Thanks!

Cheers,
 Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Posted by Rida Benjelloun <ri...@doculibre.com>.
Thanks Chris and everyone involved.
Rida

2008/1/8, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>:

> On Jan 8, 2008 8:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 2008 7:00 PM, Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>
> wrote:
> >
> > >... I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made
> it's
> > > first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating....
> >
> > Woo-hooh! Thanks Chris and everyone involved.
>
> +1
>
> Niall
>
> > -Bertrand

Rida Benjelloun, M.S.I., M.B.A.
Président directeur général
DocuLibre inc.
ridabenjelloun@apache.org
rida.benjelloun@doculibre.com
Cel: 418-262-3222
Tel: 418-353-3390
Site Web : http://www.doculibre.com

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@shopreflex.com>.
Many thanks Chris and all Tika contributors for this first official apache
incubator release of Tika.
I remember several months ago when I initiate the project (with you Chris
and then Jukka).
Unfortunately, I don't have time to work on Tika actively (neither on
Nutch).   :-(
So many thanks to all of you for bringing this project live.
Great Work!

Jérôme

--
Jérôme Charron
Directeur Technique @ WebPulse

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 12, 2008 9:51 PM, Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I am not sure what I am suggesting. According to
> http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html there is a incubator
> repository where we could put those (if this is the current policy of
> apache.org)

Yes, we can put the Maven artifacts in the Incubator repository at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/.

The rationale for having a separate staging repository is that we need
to review the artifacts in the release vote before publishing them in
the Maven repository.

I've copied the artifacts from the staging repository to the Incubator
repository, see
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tika/.

You can use Tika 0.1-incubating in your Maven 2 project if you specify
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/ as an
additional repository. Something like this:

    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>apache.incubator</id>
        <name>Apache Incubator Repository</name>
        <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository</url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>

    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.tika</groupId>
        <artifactId>tika</artifactId>
        <version>0.1-incubating</version>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Chris Mattmann wrote:
> Hi Sami,
>
> As I understood it, I believed Jukka was discussing creating a "staging"
> maven repository, and that we'd simply release the source code to the
> mirrors. I wasn't under the impression that the staged maven artifacts
> should be put there as well.
>
> Is this what you're suggesting?

No, I am not sure what I am suggesting. According to
http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html there is a incubator
repository where we could put those (if this is the current policy of
apache.org)

I propose we hear a second opinion from someone more experienced ;)

--
  Sami Siren

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Sami,

As I understood it, I believed Jukka was discussing creating a "staging"
maven repository, and that we'd simply release the source code to the
mirrors. I wasn't under the impression that the staged maven artifacts
should be put there as well.

Is this what you're suggesting?

In any case, the maven artifacts are still available from the rc2 website in
my apache home dir:

http://people.apache.org/~mattmann/apache-tika-0.1-incubating/rc2/

Would you like me to put a link to this on the Tika website?

Thanks!

Cheers,
 Chris

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.