Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by velociwabbit <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/30 15:57:37 UTC

node.js

I am interested in either developing or helping someone else develop a
node-facing implementation of nifi. Ideally this would be a comprehensive
api and tool set so that users would be able to do everything done in nifi
/java only  using node.js and javascript  .

1 is there anyone else that has this same desire?

2 is there a standard methodology for porting nifi to new environments?

3 where do i start?

I only have an arm wavers understanding of nifi and although i have written
java and a great deal of c++ lately i am getting directory vertigo as i try
to sort out how the system is actually put together.

 My goal is to provide a node version that  flattens the system such that
there is one and only one directory for each set of software modules and
functions (as opposed to the 15 or so with java) and to remove xml spring,
maven and the rest of the java build environment and replace it with JSON.

I would eventually like the entire system to be ONLY node (with a little
help from some friends  )

In all likelihood that goal is a pipedream so i will settle on implementing
a set of api's to hopefully hide most of the java brittleness from the node
consumer.

 Like many  ( converted  )  javascript developers I have become a  true
believer that strong typing is the cs equivalent of racism :)

I realize that holding such an opinion in a java centric project might be
heretical so i am putting it out there to filter out those without a sense
of adventure !

Re: node.js

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Here is a node based tool for data movement

   https://nodered.org/

And here is another javascript implemented flow based programming inspired tool

   https://noflojs.org/

These might be much better starting points for your interests.

Thanks
Joe