Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Youyu Shao <ys...@crd.com> on 2021/08/30 22:06:35 UTC

Does Artemis call System.exit(*) on the JVM after logging the message: AMQ221002: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Message Broker version 2.11.0 [9f2633f9-78a1-11ea-8d51-0050569d6b43] stopped, uptime 3 days 17 hours

Hi,

We have being using Artemis 2.11.0 for a while. Recently we had an issue of file access violation as captured in the following two consecutive Artemis log entries:

2021-08-26 00:40:46,308 WARN  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ222010: Critical IO Error, shutting down the server. file=NULL, message=unable to open : java.nio.file.FileSystemException: D:\CharlesRiver\serverapps01\jmsartemis\crdjmsbroker\data\journal\activemq-data-19761.amq: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

                at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:92)
                at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
                at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
                at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newFileChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:116)
                at java.base/java.nio.channels.FileChannel.open(FileChannel.java:292)
                at java.base/java.nio.channels.FileChannel.open(FileChannel.java:345)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.io.mapped.MappedFile.of(MappedFile.java:58)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.io.mapped.MappedSequentialFile.open(MappedSequentialFile.java:100)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.journal.impl.JournalFilesRepository.openFile(JournalFilesRepository.java:217)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.journal.impl.JournalFilesRepository.takeFile(JournalFilesRepository.java:543)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.journal.impl.JournalFilesRepository.pushOpenedFile(JournalFilesRepository.java:486)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.journal.impl.JournalFilesRepository$1.run(JournalFilesRepository.java:92)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.actors.OrderedExecutor.doTask(OrderedExecutor.java:42)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.actors.OrderedExecutor.doTask(OrderedExecutor.java:31)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.actors.ProcessorBase.executePendingTasks(ProcessorBase.java:66)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
                at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.ActiveMQThreadFactory$1.run(ActiveMQThreadFactory.java:118)

2021-08-26 00:40:47,531 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221002: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Message Broker version 2.11.0 [9f2633f9-78a1-11ea-8d51-0050569d6b43] stopped, uptime 3 days 17 hours

We try to institute some mechanism to monitor if Artemis JVM is live or not.  Does Artemis call System.exit(*) on the JVM after logging the message "...stopped, uptime 3 days 17 hours" ?

Thank you very much for your help,
Youyu

The information in this e-mail communication together with any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail communication, please notify us immediately. Any views expressed in this e-mail communication are those of the individual sender, unless otherwise specifically stated. Charles River Development does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus or interference.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Does Artemis call System.exit(*) on the JVM after logging the message: AMQ221002: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Message Broker version 2.11.0 [9f2633f9-78a1-11ea-8d51-0050569d6b43] stopped, uptime 3 days 17 hours

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Do you have any other process opening the journal file such as backups.
Etc.?

Be careful with that especially on windows.

--
Clebert Suconic

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Youyu Shao <ys...@crd.com>.