Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/21 05:58:23 UTC

kafka-topics.sh - Include topic deletion information?

Would it be possible to enhance the kafka-topics.sh script so that it
can show, against the topic it's listing, whether a particular topic is
marked for deletion? Right now, to figure out whether a topic has been
marked for deletion, one has to use the zookeeper-shell script and list
the topics under /admin/delete_topics (at least, that's the only way I
know off). It would be far more easier to just have this info via the
Kafka scripts.

-Jaikiran

Re: kafka-topics.sh - Include topic deletion information?

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, +1. I checked this yesterday, and it lists the topics marked as
deleted already. :)

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by JIEFU GONG <jg...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> Would it be possible to enhance the kafka-topics.sh script so that it can
> show, against the topic it's listing, whether a particular topic is marked
> for deletion? Right now, to figure out whether a topic has been marked for
> deletion, one has to use the zookeeper-shell script and list the topics
> under /admin/delete_topics (at least, that's the only way I know off). It
> would be far more easier to just have this info via the Kafka scripts.
>
> -Jaikiran

Ashish