Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Podlipski, Alex (GXS, Staffing Alternatives)" <Al...@gxs.ge.com> on 2001/09/21 22:41:53 UTC

sending large files over SOAP

I use Apache SOAP 2.2 at server side.
I need to send large amounts of binary data (10M) to/from SOAP service. What
is the best way to do it? What response time should I expect for this kind
of tasks?
Two ways I know about are:
1. Use byte[]  -- this tends to fail when file is 3MB of larger (OutOfMemory
exception at server as well as client side)
2. SOAP messages with Attachment (DataHandler) -- does not work when session
support needed, also VERY slow (5mb file takes minutes to transmit)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex