Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Fabrizio Giudici <fa...@tidalwave.it> on 2009/02/04 02:16:41 UTC

GMap2: development mode + putting maps in a Panel = Google Maps broken

Hi.

I've seen a strange error in GMap2 - as I've a very limited knowledge in
HTML / Ajax, it might be a Google Maps API issue, I don't know.

What happened is that I put the GMap2 component in another Panel - and
Google Maps didn't work. I only saw a blank area and the Google logo put
at the top of the map area. After a long work of exclusion, I've
isolated two HTML fragment, one working and one not:

WORKING

                        <wicket:panel>
                            <h1 wicket:id="heading">Balestrino 17 [SV]</h1>
                                As Simple as it may get.

background: #ff0000;" wicket:id="map">
style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width: 600px; height:
400px;" wicket:id="mmmap">
style="display:none" wicket:id="infoWindow">

                                                &nbsp;
style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: relative;" class="gmap"
wicket:id="map"></div>
                        </wicket:panel>
                    <hr>

NOT WORKING

                        <wicket:panel>
                            <h1 wicket:id="heading">Balestrino 17 [SV]</h1>
                                As Simple as it may get.

background: #ff0000;" wicket:id="map">
style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width: 600px; height:
400px;" wicket:id="mmmap">
                                        <wicket:panel>
style="display:none" wicket:id="infoWindow">

                                                &nbsp;
style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: relative;" class="gmap"
wicket:id="map"></div>
                                        </wicket:panel>
                        </wicket:panel>
                    <hr>

The only difference is that wicket:panel element around the div
"infoWindow2b". Its presence screw up things. Configuring Wicket in
deployment mode, the HTML is cleaned up and the wicket:panel element is
removed, thus fixing things.
"mmmap2a" is the div that matches the GMap2 component (I've partially
tweaked the style for debugging); the component with wicket:id="map" is
a Panel I'm using.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."

Re: GMap2: development mode + putting maps in a Panel = Google Maps broken

Posted by Nino Martinez <ni...@gmail.com>.
Theres no secret to this, you even get a warning message in your log /
console. It's the same case for some reason with openlayers..

regards Nino

Posted by Ryan Gravener <ry...@ryangravener.com>.
Are your wicket tags being stripped?  Is ajax debug mode disabled?

Ryan Gravener
http://ryangravener.com/flex | http://twitter.com/ryangravener