Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by sanjaya gayan <sa...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/05/30 12:01:04 UTC

Re: Restructuring Call::initialize

It looks to me like with each call to Call::Initialize() if a ClientAxisEngine object exists it is deleted and then a new one created and initialized (I am not sure whether ClientAxisEngine->Initialize() caters for this).
Shouldn't it be that if a AxisClient object exists it should be reused by intializing and a new one created only if there is no AxisClient object?

I guess that the deleting of the existing object could be removed, in which case initializing the ClientAxisEngine (which should "intialize" all members of the ClientAxisEngine. not sure whether this is the current behaviour) with each call to Call::Initialize has to be done.

sanjaya.

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@virtusa.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I am looking into the Call::initialize() method that is being called within the client side generated code,
prior to each method invocation.

Basically if we have 2 method calls that we could invoke, and in the client program we execute both those methods,
we will be calling initialize() on the m_pCall member of the stub object twice.
However, having a glance into Call::initialize() it looks to me that some of the activities could be made one off
instead of executing them multiple times for each method invocation.

Some of the candidate calls that I want to make one off is initing the AxisClientEngine once, thus reusing the
serializer and deserializer objects for multiple calls.
It would be helpful if one of the original designers of this mechanism could rationalize the initial design so that
I would not miss any important points here.

Thanks,
Samisa...