Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/03/24 00:06:20 UTC

Cloud darling of the year award

Goes to Digital Ocean.
http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/23/digital-oceans-journey-from-techstars-reject-to-cloud-hosting-darling/

DO has seen amazing growth in 2013/2014, eclipsed all other "cloud"
providers.

For the record they are not using Cloudstack or Openstack (omg, I
know!), their feature set is crappy and so is their security.

They got 2 things right, though:

- $5/m SSD backed VM
- good marketing - which indeed turns out to be the soul of any
business

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro