Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net> on 2009/08/29 02:46:43 UTC

plugin not reading finalName correctly?

Hello,

    Trying to use buildnumber and tomcat:deploy. In my parent-pom, I've
defined buildnumber. In my application-webapp (war), I define the tomcat
deploy configuration. However,
when tomcat deploy tries to install it, for some reason the
"buildnumber" variable comes across as null.

[INFO] Webapp assembled in[120 msecs]
[INFO] Building war:
/Users/jamesrusso/Documents/workspace/project-maven/project-webapp/target/web-app-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.3533.war
[INFO] [tomcat:deploy]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot find war file:
/Users/jamesrusso/Documents/workspace/project-maven/project-webapp/target/web-app-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.null.war

I've tried pushing eveything down into the module pom, but same results?
Any reason why the tomcat:deploy isn't picking up on the buildnumber
variable?

thanks,

-jr