Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2001/12/10 05:51:56 UTC

Torque and String quoting

Hi,

If anyone was watching, there was a little exchange on the commons mailing
list about string quoting for databases. After peeking at the SQL-92 spec is
appears that the single quote is a standard.

So how about making getStringDelimiter() in DB.java a concrete method
returning a single quote and removing all the getStringDelimiter() methods
in the subclasses of DB.java.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Torque and String quoting

Posted by Russ Trotter <ru...@yahoo.com>.
A little bit related to this issue:

I'm trying to get the project-datadump and project-datasql targets
working.  After looking at the generated XML for the project-datadump
target, I noticed that no escaping is done.  More specifically, no
embedded single-quot (or double-quotes) are escaped.  However, I realize
the syntax for this is probably non-standard,database-specific.  Is
there a way to get DB adapter-like functionality into the
TorqueDataDumpTask?

  After perusing the code, it would be great to have a little
lightweight adapter-like object stuffed in the context that the
TorqueDataDumpTask control template can just call something like:
   <$table $column.Name="$dbEscapeString($column.Value)">

  I would add this as a base class method in DB, but carrying around the
whole DBFactory into a TexenTask appeared to be a daunting task.  Is
this my best option?

russ

Re: Torque and String quoting

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.