Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tomiet Tiziano <uf...@julia-arreda.it> on 2003/06/14 10:44:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Win2k-Apache 1.3- Report Manager

HI to all,
I'm new to Apache.
My target is to substitute Microsoft IIS 3.0 with Apache HTTP server in a Windows platform.
I'm trying also to use "Report Manager" program with Apache in a Windows 2000 platform.
This program (see for more informations on www.sourceforget.net ) use a windows DLL  to produce web reports from
database sources.
This is the situation:

Machine Type       : PC
Operative System  : Windows 2000 Pro (Service Pack 3)
HTTP server          : Apache 1.3.23

I have successfully installed Apache:
- cgi-bin directory is C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\cgi-bin
- directive "ScriptInterpreterSource registry" is ON

When I try the specific links:

http:/localhost/cgi-bin/repwebserver.dll/version
  or
http:/localhost/cgi-bin/repwebserver.dll/login

the Apache server returns this log error:

"[Sat Jun 14 09:43:07 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (2)No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/programmi/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/repwebserver.dll"

My questions are:
1)Is it a "Report Manager" or an Apache configuration problem?
2) is it possible to use DLL files in Apache cgi-bin directories?
3)if yes, can I copy all DLL's of my IIS cgi-bin directory to Apache cgi-bin?

Regardless,
Tomiet Tiziano
ITALY