Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by arun kumar <pm...@hotmail.com> on 2017/08/03 16:01:06 UTC

Need configuration Documentation for Ranger 7.1 and mysql

Hi All

I am new to Apache Ranger and I am doing a POC on integrating Ranger with Kafka. I am unable to find a complete set of documentation on how to install and configure Ranger 0.7.1. Also I am planning to use mysql 5.6 community edition for which I require configuration documentation. Any insight on this is highly appriciated.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Arunkumar Pichaimuthu

Re: Need configuration Documentation for Ranger 7.1 and mysql

Posted by arun kumar <pm...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you Colm

I appreciate your effort.

Thanks

Arunkumar

________________________________
Posted by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@hortonworks.com>.
You can also take a look at the article below for more information -
https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/105620/configuring-ranger-usersync-with-adldap-for-a-comm.html

From: Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@hortonworks.com>
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 2:25 PM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>, "coheigea@apache.org" <co...@apache.org>

Hi Arun,
Ldap tool is mainly used to help configure various parameters for usersync. Currently it doesn’t have support for ldaps. I see that you already know the url, binddn, usersearch base, and user search filter, you can configure these properties in usersync. Are you using Ambari? Or is it manual install? You can provide usersync logs in case of any errors with user or group sync.

-Sailaja.

From: arun kumar <pm...@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:49 PM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>, "coheigea@apache.org" <co...@apache.org>

Hi All/Coheigea

I am able to install ranger admin and ranger-kafka plugin successfully. I am trying to get usersync service to work with LDAP and I am not able to make it . Any insight is highly appreciated.

When I try to run ldap tool run.sh I am seeing an error on log file.

ERROR: Failed to initialize the user sync properties java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

My configuration parameters are:

ranger.usersync.ldap.url = ldaps://xxxxxxxxxxxx:636
ranger.usersync.ldap.binddn =cn=xxxxx_admin,ou=xxxxxx,o=xxxxxxxxxxxx
ranger.usersync.ldap.bindpassword =
#ranger.usersync.ldap.user.searchbase ou=xxxxxxxxxxxx,ou=xxxxxxxx,o=xxxxxxxx
#ranger.usersync.ldap.user.searchfilter = (&(cn=xxxxxxxxxxxx)(objectclass=person))
ranger.admin.auth.sampleuser = cn=xxxxxxxxxx,ou=xxxxxxxxx,ou=xxxxxxxxx,o=xxxxxxxx
ranger.admin.auth.samplepassword =

Thanks in advance

Regards
Arunkumar

________________________________

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Need configuration Documentation for Ranger 7.1 and mysql

Posted by arun kumar <pm...@hotmail.com>.
Also I would like to know if we have to have SSL certificates created for all  the Clients connecting to Kafka nodes.

Thanks in advance
Arunkumar

Posted by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Arun,