Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wayne W <wa...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/01 11:32:26 UTC

Re: Selenium testing

Thanks all for your replies.
Food for thought there.

WicketTester seems the 'better' solution, but I'm trying to hand this over
to a QA person who cannot program. Ernesto - I think it would be a massive
undertaking for use to get the css paths working well enough so that there
was some consistency for Selenium.

Re: Selenium testing

Posted by Martin Terra <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
kirjoitti:

> Thanks all for your replies.
> Food for thought there.
>
> WicketTester seems the 'better' solution, but I'm trying to hand this over
> to a QA person who cannot program. Ernesto - I think it would be a massive
> undertaking for use to get the css paths working well enough so that there
> was some consistency for Selenium.

If your "coders" provide all handles, the QA person can probably invoke the
hooks. Anways, your success odds are better if your QA is somewhat code
savvy, for example comfortable with running and debugging from IDE etc.

You might also want to divide and conquer, the QA person manages strategy,
scope and stats of tests and their results, and (delegates)  coders
maintain the actual tests.

**
Martin