Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> on 1996/05/05 23:17:48 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "wrong? error returned in loop in imagemap" on HPUXand others (fwd)

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> So, uh, he's saying the fact that apache doesn't go into an infinite loop
> is a *bug*?

Yep. Actually, it's not an Apache bug even, I'd wager it's a client
bug. Or a feature. Probably whatever client he uses doesn't act on a
redirect to the page it was redirected from (or perhaps a few
iterations of same). Which makes sense.

> > I wondered what would happen if I specified foo.map?100,10 as the url
> > in a imagemap, where 100,10 is in another part of the map.  The result
> > was the url pointed to in the other part of the map.  That's probably
> > the right behaviour.  But when I use foo.map?10,10 where 10,10 is in
> > the part of the map referred to in the area, which would create an
> > infinite recursion, I get 'document moved to here' where here is the
> > url foo.map?10,10.  This is better than an infinite loop, but a
> > wrong or misleading error message.

Note what Apache's sending, the body text of a 302 redirect message. I
seriously doubt that Apache would send the text but somewhow switch
the 302 for a 200, so most likely, it's the client. *shrug*

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>