Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 00:36:54 UTC

Compiling MXMLs Through Windows Command Line

Having some trouble getting the latest SDK (4.9) to compile my MXMLs that I
can previously compile using SDK 4.1.

I followed the README notes and set the proper environment variables as was
needed.

When I run this command line:

mxmlc -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=false
MyFile.mxml -library-path+=MyLib.swc

I am getting the error:

flex-config.xml(411): Error: Unable to open 'libs/osmf.swc'

Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Angelo

Re: Compiling MXMLs Through Windows Command Line

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Having some trouble getting the latest SDK (4.9) to compile my MXMLs that I
> can previously compile using SDK 4.1.
>
> I followed the README notes and set the proper environment variables as was
> needed.
>
> When I run this command line:
>
> mxmlc -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=false
> MyFile.mxml -library-path+=MyLib.swc
>
> I am getting the error:
>
> flex-config.xml(411): Error: Unable to open 'libs/osmf.swc'
>
> Any guidance would be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Angelo

Are you using the source kit or the binary kit?
Did you use the installer?
If yes, did you make sure that the OSMF download step ran through to
completion (i.e. was there any red squares in the progress bar?)
If you open up the sdk directory, do you see this file?  <sdk
location>/frameworks/libs/osmf.swc ?

Re: Compiling MXMLs Through Windows Command Line

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.
I will write a simple app and post the codes here. Hopefully I get some
guidance on how to modularize and compact it.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
   Even though I use modules for my applications, I require the use of RSLs since I have 12 applications on one domain.  I use scripts to run command line compiling using custom config files and generating link reports.

   The command line option for debug is "debug=true", so do the opposite for release "debug=false".  There is a dirty method of checking if debugging at runtime by forcefully throwing a new Error() and immediately catching it to see if the square brackets are present. (note: I do not mean checking for a debugging player, but compiled with debug)

-Mark

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Compiling MXMLs Through Windows Command Line

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Compiling MXMLs Through Windows Command Line

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

The only way to make it works is to go adding the arguments to compiler (via
Properties – Flex Compiler) : -use-network=false

-Fred

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Angelo Anolin <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Ring <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

My Flex application is using ColdFusion Flash Remoting for remote object
access service. In each of my services I have my endpoints defined on
preInitializeService(); - Is there any way I can change the endpoint if a
call fails or times out?

Code from the service...

protected override function preInitializeService():void

{

    super.preInitializeService();

    // Initialization customization goes here

    super._serviceControl.source = "services.accountsService";

    super._serviceControl.endpoint = "
https://www.somewhere.com/flex2gateway/";

}

I am running ColdFusion 10,0,7,283649 on IIs 7.5 Win 2008 R2 64 bit and I
have many websites. Somehow only my somewhere.com domain keeps going down.

Thanks,

Jack Ring

Re: Compiling MXMLs Through Windows Command Line

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,