Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/01 09:17:57 UTC

Re: [Proposal] Apache Droids as subproject of HttpComponents (was Re: Apache Droids using Norbert)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> I guess shortly I will finish the docu and a simple example (that I
>>> develop for the documentation) and we can then decide how we will
>>> procedure.
>>>

>> I consider the current development stand of Apache Droids as stable
>> after enhancing the multi-thread feature and finishing the default
>> implementation. The default droid and worker is a simple crawler that
>> scraps a webpage and saves the resources to disk.
>> It is highly extensible and in my current work project I am using 5
>> different droids that are running very smooth. This droids are extending
>> the default implementation and are adding business specific logic.
>>
>> Some of this droids are connecting to another web site to get some data
>> and invoke then the parsing of this data to generate an internal
>> representation of them and send them to an Apache Solr server. Another
>> droids simply crawls a file system to edit specific files with the
>> result of a database query.
>> I like to start the move to the incubator with Droids with the
>> HttpComponents project sponsoring it.
>>

> +1 to HC sponsoring Droids' incubation. I am willing to participate in the
> incubation process and help integrate Droids into HC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Oleg

Sounds good to me.

   ...ant

Re: [Proposal] Apache Droids as subproject of HttpComponents (was Re: Apache Droids using Norbert)

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I will also help with incubation if you like.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2