Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karthik Gopal <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/20 14:17:45 UTC

Logout Failure - Tomcat 4.0

Hi,

I have simple application, which has a logout feature in it's pages.
The logout servlet gets the session object from request, and passes the
session id to the CtrSessionEnd.
This class has a list of active sessions, it goes through the list checking
if the session id sent is equal to
the session id of the session in the list.
This exception occurs when I try to get the session id of the session in the
list.

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpSessionFacade.getId(HttpSessionFacade.java:114)
 at
com.art.controller.CtrSessionEnd.invalidateSession(CtrSessionEnd.java:259)
 at LogoutServlet.doGet(LogoutServlet.java:73)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
 at
 at