Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by admin <ad...@javable.com> on 2003/02/14 03:48:25 UTC

Stop menu generation

Hi,

I have a strange desire for forrest :) I want to output my docs as
chunks of html stripped (for now) from all the navigational stuff
(header with logo, tabs, menu, etc). I subclassed the skin and reduced
the essential part of site2xhtml to something like

 <xsl:template match="site">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="div[@class='menu']"/>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="div[@class='content']"/>
  </xsl:template>

Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the menu part, if I try, forrest stops
documents generation. Question: is there a way to get a formatted
document without the navigational "wrap up"?

Many thanks, sorry if this was asked before, I did search the
archives :)

  -- Sergey

Re: Stop menu generation

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote, On 14/02/2003 4.05:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:48:25PM -0400, admin wrote:
> If you look in the sitemap, the final page is composed of body, 'book' (menu)
> and tabs:
>
>     <map:match pattern="**/*.html">
>       <map:aggregate element="site">
>         <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/book-{1}/{2}.xml" />
>         <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/tab-{1}/{2}.xml" />
>         <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{1}/{2}.xml" label="content" />
>       </map:aggregate>
>
> So to get just the body HTML, request body-{whatever}.xml.  Eg,
> http://localhost:8888/body-index.xml will retrieve the index.html page body.

Hey, we have a printer-friendly page!

Does anyone mind if I add on the page, along with PDF, the link for
printer-friendly and pure xml?

ie body-index.xml
    index.xml

Seems cool :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Stop menu generation

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:48:25PM -0400, admin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange desire for forrest :) I want to output my docs as
> chunks of html stripped (for now) from all the navigational stuff
> (header with logo, tabs, menu, etc). I subclassed the skin and reduced
> the essential part of site2xhtml to something like
>

>  <xsl:template match="site">
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="div[@class='menu']"/>
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="div[@class='content']"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>

> Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the menu part, if I try, forrest stops
> documents generation. Question: is there a way to get a formatted
> document without the navigational "wrap up"?

If you look in the sitemap, the final page is composed of body, 'book' (menu)
and tabs:

    <map:match pattern="**/*.html">
      <map:aggregate element="site">
        <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/book-{1}/{2}.xml" />
        <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/tab-{1}/{2}.xml" />
        <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{1}/{2}.xml" label="content" />
      </map:aggregate>

So to get just the body HTML, request body-{whatever}.xml.  Eg,
http://localhost:8888/body-index.xml will retrieve the index.html page body.

--Jeff