Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2009/06/09 09:59:37 UTC

Re: ids starting with " _" disallowed via Futon but not via HTTP doc api ?

On 9 Jun 2009, at 07:41, Nitin Borwankar wrote:

> I am using CouchDBx 0.9 on my Mac -

I believe the _-enforcement is a trunk-only feature at this point.
CouchDBX will catch up once 0.10 is released (or if you compile
the core* yourself).

* http://github.com/janl/couchdbx-core/tree/master

Cheers
Jan

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:39 AM, francisco
treacy<fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand what is the current state of handling
> underscore on keys.
>
> When I PUT documents containing a key that starts with an
> underscore... it works fine for me on CouchDB 0.9.
>
> {"_id":"_design/surf","_rev":"1-455975032","_type": "mytype" }
>
> However apparently for other people this does not, at least not on
> CouchDB 0.9.1:
>
> Response while PUTting:  HTTP 500:
> {"error":"doc_validation","reason":"Bad special document member:
> _type"}
>
> Has it been changed at some point in 0.9? Does it have something to do
> with the fact that the document is a design doc? Any other insights?

The underscore namespace is reserved for internal use by CouchDB, for
things like _id, _rev, _attachments, _conflicts, etc. We had a bug
that failed to check for illegal underscores in all cases. This has
been fixed for 0.10.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: ids starting with " _" disallowed via Futon but not via HTTP doc api ?

Posted by francisco treacy <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Enda,