Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jesper <je...@altern.org> on 2005/04/24 03:53:18 UTC

Error 400 no such host.

My system is tomcat 5.5.7 on linux mandrake 10.1 with sun java 1.5
my server.xml
/webpps is the original webapps dir, moved to /, to test the absolute path in
appBase.. I get 400 no such host
Has anybody, here made it work with an absoulte path, on linux? How?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

 <Host appBase="/webapps" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="false">

</Engine>
</Service>

</Server>

Re: Error 400 no such host.

Posted by jesper <je...@altern.org>.
Søndag den 24. april 2005 07:26 skrev Mark Leone:
> FWIW, I tried this on my Windows XP system, and it worked. I copied the
> webapps folder with one of its app folders to the system root directory,
> set appbase="c:\webapps", and it worked.
>
> One observation that may shed some light on your problem. When I first
> tried it, I only copied my axis webapp folder. When I went to
> http://localhost:8080/ I got a blank page (not a "Host not found"
> error). But I could navigate to http://localhost:8080/axis and see the
> axis web app. Then I copied the "Root" folder from the original webapps
> directory to the new location, and I got the usual Tomcat startup page
THX A LOT. The ROOT, is the issue.

Re: Error 400 no such host.

Posted by Mark Leone <mi...@cox.net>.