Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cannatella, Douglas" <DC...@tecoenergy.com.INVALID> on 2022/09/22 20:00:24 UTC

Tomcat 8.5.82

Hi All,

> We are currently using Tomcat 8.5.53 and tried to upgrade patch 8.5.81 & 8.5.82 using Ivanti Patch tool.
> Our project is using OpenJDK version: 1.8.0_242, Microsoft Framework 4.0.0 running TR/ OneSource Indirect Tax Determination
> The patch has overlayed Tomcat running on the D drive to the C drive including war files and registry settings.  Is there any way to manual install >patches to keep Tomcat version 8.5.82 current on the D drive this is running Catalina under Windows 2019 Server.
> How long till the next patch for Tomcat to occur and its expected EOL for this version?

Doug

________________________________

NOTICE: This email is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. Although we take precautions to protect against viruses, we advise you to take your own precautions to protect against viruses as we accept no liability for any which remain.

Re: Tomcat 8.5.82

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.

On 9/22/22 14:00, Cannatella, Douglas wrote:
> Hi All,
>> We are currently using Tomcat 8.5.53 and tried to upgrade patch 8.5.81 & 8.5.82 using Ivanti Patch tool.
>> Our project is using OpenJDK version: 1.8.0_242, Microsoft Framework 4.0.0 running TR/ OneSource Indirect Tax Determination
>> The patch has overlayed Tomcat running on the D drive to the C drive including war files and registry settings.  Is there any way to manual install >patches to keep Tomcat version 8.5.82 current on the D drive this is running Catalina under Windows 2019 Server.
>> How long till the next patch for Tomcat to occur and its expected EOL for this version?
> Doug

As to EOL, earlier today, Mark sent this out

The official position is:
- No end of life decisions have yet been made for Tomcat 8.5.x onwards.
- Any such decisions will provide at least 12 months notice.

Based on past experience, I'd *guess* that:
- Tomcat 8.5.x will no EOL no earlier than 31 March 2024
- Tomcat 9.0.x will be EOL no earlier than 31 March 2027

There is no need up update the specification version in your web
application to run on a newer version of Tomcat

Mark