Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/09/23 12:35:48 UTC

[2.x] otest structure - again

I've brought in the new otest structure from OASIS [1]. You can see
how we currently handle it in svn here [2]. The structure is now...

newlayout/
   sca-assembly  - the contents of [1] retrieved using svn:export
   tuscany-test-runner - the tuscany specific runner/properties
overlayed with test files from sca-assembly using an ant based copy

I'd like to get rid of the ant based copy of files out to the
tuscany-test-runner but this is going to take a bit of research and
negotiation with the OASIS team. In the mean time this gets us up and
going and it's much simpler than it was before when we have to have
all our own contribution directories also.

I've left the "current" directory in place and unchanged for now but
beware that this pulls old versions of the tests from OASIS so please
us the "newlayout" version. I'll give it a few days and then remove
"current" from Tuscany.

There is an issue with the OASIS test directory as of today where the
Test_Client build fails because it can't find a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
file. To get round this I just copied the file from the
src/main/resource directory of the same project. I'll address this
issue to OASIS>

Running the tests gives 58 failures now which is about twice as many
as we had a couple of weeks ago so we appear to have broken a few
things. I'll look to see if something changes in the new test
structure of if there is a problem in Tuscany itself.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/sca-assembly/TestCases/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/otest/newlayout/

Re: [2.x] otest structure - again

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I just want to keep it around to a few more days. I'll remove the
externals though to speed up the svn processing.

Simon

Re: [2.x] otest structure - again

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've left the "current" directory in place and unchanged for now but
> beware that this pulls old versions of the tests from OASIS so please
> us the "newlayout" version. I'll give it a few days and then remove
> "current" from Tuscany.

Its been a week so is it ok to remove old "current" directory now? The
external folders are slow so removing this would help speed up
updates.

  ...ant

Re: [2.x] otest structure - again

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
If you were to check that out the otest/newlayout directory you should
get the new structure and all the latest code from OASIS. If you were
to run it nearly all the negative tests will fail as we don't have the
correct detailed tests recorded in the test message property file [1].
I'm just going to start the exercise of going through all the tests
again to...

1/ review that the test is still passing correctly
2/ check that any JIRA that were raised previously [2] have now been
closed correctly
3/ raise any new JIRA that are required due to new failures
4/ update the tuscany-oasis-sca-tests-errors.properties file [1] with
the correct message for each negative test.

Note that I've added a "pass 2" column to the table [2] to coordinate
progress for this second pass.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/otest/newlayout/tuscany-test-runner/src/test/resources/tuscany-oasis-sca-tests-errors.properties
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Conformance+Testing

Re: [2.x] otest structure - again

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On my most recent 2.x svn up I notice that the OASIS team have now
integrated the change to allow us to test for explicit error messages
for the failure cases. This of course has the effect of making the
majority of the negative tests fail.

Just posting here as a heads up for now. I need some help to fix up
the messages file with expected messages so that the tests pass but
I'll post in a bit about the details (when I've worked them out).

Regards

Simon