Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/24 04:42:38 UTC

Passing parameters to portlet from PSML

I remember seeing this question before but I can't find any outcome
anywhere. I have a portlet that I want to parameterize so that I can use it
in several places but have slight customizations for each instance. So for
example, lets say I want the same weather portlet 3 times on a page but each
one has a different city. I don't want this to be a per user preference, I
want the admin to be able to specify the parameter in PSML so that the users
all get the same thing. Is there (or will there be) a way to pass a
parameter from the PSML so that the fragments get the cities passed to them
(and or all users). I hope this question makes sense, if not I can
elaborate.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Passing parameters to portlet from PSML

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
I did find your message on jetspeed-dev. Do you have any code checked in to
support this (current SVN)? I would love to have this available and I would
offer to help test and maybe work on some small parts. I deperately need
this so let me know if I can help.

Chris

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.