Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Raghu GS <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/15 14:46:19 UTC

Authentication failure when SVNParentPath used

Hello Everybody

I regret for bugging you once again.
Apache authentication for the particular repository is failing when i use
SVNParentPath, but working well when i use repo:/ instead of folder1:/repo1
in svnauthz file even without changing the apache configuration.

I'll show my configuration below

SVNAuthz file.

[folder1:/repo1]
john = rw
joe = rw

Apache configuration

<Location /parentfolder/folder1>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                DAV svn
                SVNParentPath /srv/svn/parentfolder/folder1
                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "svn repository"
                AuthUserFile /srv/svn/config/userauthentication.conf
                Require valid-user
                AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/svn/config/svnauthz.conf
</Location>

Please assist me in resolving the issue.

Re: Authentication failure when SVNParentPath used

Posted by BRM <bm...@yahoo.com>.

If you want to use the SVNParentPath directive to specify multiple repositories then you also need to set the Location directive to something different than you are thinking.
<Location ..> directive should only point to the URL path of the base of the repository (single repository) or parent folder (SVNParentPath directive).

Thus, you really want:
<Location /parentfolder >
  SVNParentPath /svn/svn/parentfolder

</Location>

All else being the same.

HTH,

Ben

RE: Authentication failure when SVNParentPath used

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

According to http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html (and my own files), the repository folder comes before the in-repo folder.

So, in your example above: "folder1" would be the on-disk folder under ParentPath for the repo data files, whilst "repo1" would be a top-level folder name within the repository structure.

I'm not sure from your names if that is what your example is showing?

~ Mark C