Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Al-Dhahir, Haitham" <Ha...@gs.com> on 2002/07/23 20:05:23 UTC

Preserving Linefeed character

Hi,

I have an XML document which contains a linefeed character in one of the
lines. However, when I process this into PDF using FOP, the outputted line
has a space where the linefeed should be.

My XML:
<Data val="Line1&#x0A;Line2"/>

My XSL:
<fo:block text-align="left" font-weight="normal"
linefeed-treatment="preserve"><xsl:value-of select="Data/@val"/></fo:block>

What I want to appear in the PDF:
Line1
Line2

What is actually appearing:
Line1Line2

The FO documentation indicates that linefeed-treatment="preserve" should
keep the linefeed, but it is not. What am I doing wrong here? Have I got the
right linefeed character (0A)?

Thanks,

Haitham.

Re: Preserving Linefeed character

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Al-Dhahir, Haitham wrote:
Please do not crosspost to both FOP lists.

> The FO documentation indicates that linefeed-treatment="preserve" should
> keep the linefeed, but it is not. What am I doing wrong here? Have I got the
> right linefeed character (0A)?

FOP currently does not implement the linefeed-treatment property.
Actually, FOP implements an early draft of the spec in this regard,
whitespace-collapse="false" will preserve linefeeds (in addition
to keep runs of spaces). Check whether this works for you.

J.Pietschmann