Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@ntlworld.com> on 2006/02/22 16:36:50 UTC

HiveMind issue

The HM support list was not helpful on this, so I hope you don't mind me
asking this.

I have an application using HiveMind, where the registry construction fails.
The strange thing is that HM classes in the JAR are accessible, but HM
cannot find a service point in its own hivemodule, i.e. hivemodule.Startup?

John

22-Feb-2006 16:28:33 org.apache.hivemind.impl.DefaultErrorHandler error
SEVERE: Error: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.hivemind.parse.AbstractParser.getLocation(AbstractParser.java:166
)
at
org.apache.hivemind.parse.XmlResourceProcessor.processResource(XmlResourcePr
ocessor.java:97)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.XmlModuleDescriptorProvider.processResource(XmlModu
leDescriptorProvider.java:172)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.XmlModuleDescriptorProvider.getModuleDescriptors(Xm
lModuleDescriptorProvider.java:158)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.processModuleDescriptorProvider(Reg
istryBuilder.java:161)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructRegistry(RegistryBuilder.j
ava:143)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry(RegistryBu
ilder.java:196)
at com.chatntrade.vtrader.VTMain.main(VTMain.java:33)
[...]
VTMain.main(VTMain.java:33)
[...]
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Service point
hivemind.Startup does not exist.
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryInfrastructureImpl.getServicePoint(Registry
InfrastructureImpl.java:179)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryInfrastructureImpl.getService(RegistryInfra
structureImpl.java:205)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryInfrastructureImpl.startup(RegistryInfrastr
uctureImpl.java:434)
at
org.apache.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.constructRegistry(RegistryBuilder.j
ava:154)

RE: HiveMind issue

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
That may be a classloader issue.  I wonder if Maven2 uses some weird
classloader which doesn't find the resources (the /META-INF/hivemodule.xml
files).

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@ntlworld.com>.

Re: HiveMind issue

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.