Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io> on 2015/11/09 20:18:25 UTC

Fwd: Apache Geode website

Here is what I have after some work on Friday and Saturday morning, based
on the Apache Usergrid design...

Text and content still need to be polished and could use what Greg already
collected in our wiki plus any other feedback we may have.

Link: http://imgur.com/a/cnXSG

Source and instructions are currently here:
https://github.com/markito/geode-website/tree/master/website

What do you guys think ?

--

William Markito Oliveira
-- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Looks good William!

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
William,

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
William,
Greg and I have coordinated our efforts (Pull requests #36 and #38) to
produce a newer, better home page.
We just agreed on our last edit - I'm going to generate a new pull request
for that file.
-Dave

Re: Apache Geode website

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
I was intending to work on the community calendar page, but wanted to see
my big updates to the index page posted first.

wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I've just pushed the recent updates/corrections we received from Dave and
> Greg to http://markito.github.io/geode-website/  as well as merged into
> feature/GEODE-53.
>
> Please take a look and let's review so we can publish the new website.
>
> Pending items:
>
>    - Collect the talks from OSCON and ApacheCon and Apache BigData under
>    the community page.
>    - Clean up the deployments section of the community page.
>
> Anything else ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:28 PM, William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>
> wrote:
>
> > Just pushed the content to feature/GEODE-53 branch (sorry about the
> number
> > of messages) and now would really appreciate if we crowdsourced the
> > content, fixed typos, etc...
> >
> > Instructions on how to build, run and test the website are part of the
> > README under *gemfire-site* but if you have any questions, please let us
> > know.
> >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-geode/tree/feature/GEODE-53/gemfire-site/website
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM, William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Right. That would be part of the content review/work to be done once we
> >> agree it's a good alternative.
> >>
> >> I guess that given the comments we got so far (and the silence of the
> >> others) if no one oppose until EOD I will put it on a feature branch on
> >> Geode so everyone can help with content and we can get it on ASF-site.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

> wmarkito@pivotal.io>
> >> based

> >> already

> > --
> >
> > William Markito Oliveira
> > -- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to *
> dev@geode.incubator.apache.org
> > <de...@geode.incubator.apache.org>*
> >

> --
>
> William Markito Oliveira
> -- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to
> *dev@geode.incubator.apache.org
> <de...@geode.incubator.apache.org>*

--
Greg Chase