Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com> on 2007/10/29 17:24:04 UTC

Return Adjustments >> refund to credit card

We have a requirement to create return adjustments (not involving any
return of product) that ultimately end up creating refunds to the
customers credit card (the card used on the original Order). It seems as
though existing services are geared toward creating store credits for
returns.
Has anyone else ever faced a requirement to create a refund directly to
the customers payment method from a return?
Any suggestions about the best way to extend services? Would it make
sense to modify OrderReturnServices to create an OrderPaymentPreference
record (for a negative amount) that could be picked up by
PaymentGatewayServices?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
dtenerowicz@salmonllc.com

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Return Adjustments >> refund to credit card

Posted by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com>.
Thanks David.
I'm glad to hear that the type of refund should generate a payment
(refund) to the customer, but I guess I'm missing something here ---
since no payment is generated. We were aware of the return types, but
must be missing some piece of the puzzle

Here's what we have been doing:
On the quick return screen ...
We have been selecting a type of Refund , entering a Manual Return
Adjustment amount, ticking the include box and clicking the return
selected items button on the screen.

This creates a return header and return adjustment entries and displays
the makeQuickReturn screen with the returnItem tab in focus
On this screen  we see the adjustment values (but the return total is
0.00 !!! ) It almost looks as though the manual adjustment amount is not
included if no physical goods are returned.
On the returnHeader tab we select a paymentMethodId (a valid credit card
number for the customer) and set  status=received, and update.
Looking in webtools I can see that return and returnAdjustment records
are created. The returnAdjustmentTypeId is set to RTN_REFUND - but no
payment record is generated. Without a payment record, how is the
refunded amount returned to the customers credit card?

Can you or anyone else give us some pointers?
-Dave

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.