Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/28 15:16:00 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/PoweredBy" by RodCope

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "Hbase/PoweredBy" page has been changed by RodCope.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=52&rev2=53

  [[http://www.meetup.com|Meetup]] is on a mission to help the world’s people self-organize into local groups.  We use Hadoop and HBase to power a site-wide, real-time activity feed system for all of our members and groups.  Group activity is written directly to HBase, and indexed per member, with the member's custom feed served directly from HBase for incoming requests.  We're running HBase 0.20.0 on a 11 node cluster.

  [[http://ning.com|Ning]] uses HBase to store and serve the results of processing user events and log files, which allows us to provide near-real time analytics and reporting. We use a small cluster of commodity machines with 4 cores and 16GB of RAM per machine to handle all our analytics and reporting needs.
+
+ [[http://olex.openlogic.com|OpenLogic]] stores all the world's Open Source packages, versions, files, and lines of code in HBase for both near-real-time access and analytical purposes.  The production cluster has well over 100TB of disk spread across nodes with 32GB+ RAM and dual-quad or dual-hex core CPU's.

  [[http://www.openplaces.org|Openplaces]] is a search engine for travel that uses HBase to store terabytes of web pages and travel-related entity records (countries, cities, hotels, etc.). We have dozens of MapReduce jobs that crunch data on a daily basis.  We use a 20-node cluster for development, a 40-node cluster for offline production processing and an EC2 cluster for the live web site.