Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by simon litwan <si...@wyona.com> on 2005/04/15 14:33:02 UTC

unclean transformation of 2-part tags

hi all

i have following template:
	<xslt:template match="not:textarea">
		<textarea id="notification.tolist" name="notification.tolist"
class="lenya-form-element">&#160;</textarea>
	</xslt:template>

this &#160; in the tag causes a problem.
but if i delete it, the second part (</textarea>) get lost after
transforming it into html.
is there a workaround for that problem?

cheers
simon

Re: unclean transformation of 2-part tags

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> simon litwan wrote:
>
>> hi all
>>
>> i have following template:
>>     <xslt:template match="not:textarea">
>>         <textarea id="notification.tolist" name="notification.tolist"
>> class="lenya-form-element">&#160;</textarea>
>>     </xslt:template>
>>
>> this &#160; in the tag causes a problem.
>> but if i delete it, the second part (</textarea>) get lost after
>> transforming it into html.
>> is there a workaround for that problem?
>

> this is there because various browsers do not like <textarea/>

IIRC there is a way to tell the serializer to use
<textarea ... ></textarea>. But I can't remember how to achieve this.

-- Andreas

Re: unclean transformation of 2-part tags

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
simon litwan wrote:

> there is no other way to prevent the serializer from collapsing the tag?
> i think it's usefull to have the possibility of using textareas without
> any content.

if i recall correctly, the new html serializer in the serializers block
fixes this issue (besides setting the encoding header correctly)

Re: unclean transformation of 2-part tags

Posted by simon litwan <si...@wyona.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by simon litwan <si...@wyona.com>.
> simon litwan wrote:
> > hi all
> >
> > i have following template:
> > 	<xslt:template match="not:textarea">
> > 		<textarea id="notification.tolist" name="notification.tolist"
> > class="lenya-form-element">&#160;</textarea>
> > 	</xslt:template>
> >
> > this &#160; in the tag causes a problem.
> > but if i delete it, the second part (</textarea>) get lost after
> > transforming it into html.
> > is there a workaround for that problem?
>
> this is there because various browsers do not like <textarea/>

i do not really understand. do mean some browser even handles a tag like
this: <textarea id="notification.tolist" name="notification.tolist"
class="lenya-form-element"/>. but where could i writte the default value
of the tag?
but my problem is actually not how ever this tag get closed, it's more
like i need a textarea without any spaces in it.

cheers
simon

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.