Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 02:06:09 UTC

[CALL FOR INTEREST] Integrate Wicket and Nutch for Google Summer of Code 2014

Hi users@,
My name is Lewis, I am a committer over on Apache Nutch. I'm writing to the
users@ list in an attempt to interest students in participating in this
years GSoC[0].
The idea is to create a Wicket-based Web Application for Nutch as a GSoC
project.
For those that might be interested, the project idea can be seen here [1].
There are other issues linked to from this issue.
Basically we currently have a working Restlet [2] REST API for Nutch 2.x
and would love to develop a killer Wicket Web App on top.
It would be very much appreciated if any potential students could contact
me directly or head over to dev@nutch.apache.org so we can gather interest
in the project and begin to move things forward.
I've also written to the dev@wicket list regarding this topic so hopefully
there will be some interest.
Thank you in advance
Lewis