Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/01 15:53:26 UTC

Re: [HEADS-UP] Modification to KIP Template

Hi,

Unearthing this old thread as today I stumbled on the issue that
Ismael reported. It looks like this was never fixed!

The "Test Plan" section was only added in the KIP-template page [0]
and not in the actual KIP-template template [1] that is used when
doing `Create -> KIP-Template` or by clicking on `Create KIP` on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

I think this new section makes sense and it's very easy to add it to
the actual template. Before doing it, I just want to ping the dev list
to see if anybody has suggestions or concerns since this was discussed
many years ago now.

0: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-Template
1: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/templates2/viewpagetemplate.action?entityId=54329345&key=KAFKA

Thanks,