Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2009/02/19 16:50:10 UTC

I subscribed to this list and now want to unsubscribe.  However, when I
try to unsubscribe it tells me that my email address is not subscribed
yet I continue to get emails.

I received an 'ezmlm response' telling me that my address

btv1==301146f3b3d==Denisem@complusdata.com
<bl...@complusdata.com>

is not subscribed, but if I am still getting mail that means I am
subscribed under a different address.  I don't know how this is possible
considering a) I subscribed with denisem@complusdata.com
<bl...@complusdata.com>  and that is the exact email
address I am sending the unsubscribe requests to.

I checked the message headers on the new incoming emails and see that
the return path is btv1==298a8ad37b0==Denisem@complusdata.com
<bl...@complusdata.com>  which
obviously does not match the address in my unsubscribe request.  I try
to follow their instructions and send unsubscribe requests to two
different addresses (the instructions were slightly vague):

e.org
<blocked::mailto:users-unsubscribe-btv1==298a8ad37b0==Denisem@complusdat
a.com@httpd.apache.org>
apache.org
<blocked::mailto:users-unsubscribe-user=btv1==298a8ad37b0==Denisem@compl
usdata.com@httpd.apache.org>

But the delivery is failing.  Please advise! I would liek to be removed
from this list somehow.  Thanks in advance!

Denise Mangano

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Doug McNutt wrote:
> At 10:55 -0500 2/19/09, Denise Mangano wrote:
>> I will try that... This issue came up with something else - we use a
>> smarthost with our email and I am starting to think it is doing some
>> 'manipulation' some where.  Thanks again.
>
> I note that your message to the list are formatted as HTML. You might
> try turning that off while talking to ezmin.  Yeah. I know this is an
> apache list and HTML sort of makes sense but, in general, it's a bad
> idea in email.

+1.
Whomever invented that stuff of multipart/alternative + html in emails,
deserves a lemon prize, along with the person who invented spaces in
filenames.
For one, it probably doubles the useless bandwidth usage in the whole
Internet.  For seconds, it makes it all the more easy to embed all sorts
of nasties in emails.

Posted by Doug McNutt <do...@macnauchtan.com>.
At 10:55 -0500 2/19/09, Denise Mangano wrote:
>I will try that... This issue came up with something else - we use a
>smarthost with our email and I am starting to think it is doing some
>'manipulation' some where.  Thanks again.

I note that your message to the list are formatted as HTML. You might
try turning that off while talking to ezmin.  Yeah. I know this is an
apache list and HTML sort of makes sense but, in general, it's a bad
idea in email.

These headers in your mail to the list seem to indicate that you're
right about manipulation. Your company email processing approaches
the obscene. Barracuda has created problems for a lot of spam filters.

barracuda.complusdata.com (Spam Firewall) with ESMTP id C5BAF634E8
for <us...@httpd.apache.org>; Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:50:11 -0500 (EST)

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--

Posted by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com>.
I will try that... This issue came up with something else - we use a
smarthost with our email and I am starting to think it is doing some
'manipulation' some where.  Thanks again.

Denise

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@walterisookeensufferukker.nl>.