Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/07 19:04:40 UTC

java2 and bindings and Aegis and JAXB (and Source?)

In my experience, an Aegis data binding also cheerfully processes JAXB
annotations. Is that the desired endpoint design? Or should the
configuration state this explicitly? I.e., should there be a way to
force CXF to ignore JAXB annotations on types?

In looking into making the java->wsdl tool handle Aegis (and Source?),
I'm wondering just how complex this should be able to get. Should the
user be able to give us a Spring XML file defining a databinding?

I can think of one good reason why: org.apache.cxf.aegis.Configuration.
For java->wsdl to produce the same thing as ? wsdl, it has to have the
same configuration in this respect. Them's a lot of options unless we
just ask the user to tell us the XML for beans to configure it.