Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by IAS <ia...@apache-korea.org> on 2002/11/21 04:38:03 UTC

[bug] sitemap validation doesn't support user-config in fo2pdf serializer

As I wrote in the title of this message,

   <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
                src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
                mime-type="application/pdf">
     <user-config src="c:/java/sites/userconfig.xml"/>
   </map:serializer>

is proven to be invalid by Forrest validator equipped with RELAX NG.
<user-config> element actually works, but the validator doesn't
recognize it.

Thanks in advance.

Changshin Lee  (Korean name)
IAS (International name)
                   Company Web Site : http://www.tmax.co.kr
                   Personal Web Site : http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr (built
with Forrest)
Senior Researcher & Java Technology Evangelist
R&D Institute
TmaxSoft

Re: [bug] sitemap validation doesn't support user-config in fo2pdf serializer

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> IAS wrote:
> > As I wrote in the title of this message,
> >
> >    <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
> >                 src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
> >                 mime-type="application/pdf">
> >      <user-config src="c:/java/sites/userconfig.xml"/>
> >    </map:serializer>
> >
> > is proven to be invalid by Forrest validator equipped with RELAX NG.
> > <user-config> element actually works, but the validator doesn't
> > recognize it.
>
> Thanks, fixed in CVS.
>
> David, if the attached patch looks okay, could you apply it to Cocoon's
> copy of the schema?

I soon as i saw the patch from IAS, i started to break out
in a sweat. I was dreading this. Forrest is just using the
draft sitemap-v05.rng grammar from Cocoon and there are
potentially many deficiencies.

Anyway, it is a good thing that Forrest is using this and
so helping to discover the issues.

Yes i will go now and add this to the Cocoon CVS.

Thanks to Changshin Lee (IAS).

--David

Re: [bug] sitemap validation doesn't support user-config in fo2pdf serializer

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:38:03PM +0900, IAS wrote:
> As I wrote in the title of this message,
>
>    <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
>                 src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
>                 mime-type="application/pdf">
>      <user-config src="c:/java/sites/userconfig.xml"/>
>    </map:serializer>
>
> is proven to be invalid by Forrest validator equipped with RELAX NG.
> <user-config> element actually works, but the validator doesn't
> recognize it.

Thanks, fixed in CVS.

David, if the attached patch looks okay, could you apply it to Cocoon's
copy of the schema?

--Jeff