Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bührle, Martin, FCI1" <ma...@lfk.eads.net> on 2002/05/07 17:55:43 UTC

RE-Initialize the servlet with Tomcat

Hi List,

we are using
Tomcat 4.0.1
mod_webapp / WARP-Connector
Apache 1.3

The servlet we are using is a CMS-System (opencms). When we are changing
Web-Content in the CMS-database we see the changes in tomcat (Port 8080)
immediately, but not in the Pages served by Apache.

The problem is, that even a Apache-Restart is not enough. We have to restart
Apache AND Tomcat to see the changes in the CMS-pages via
Apache/WARP-Connector/Tomcat.

Is there a possibility to "restart" Tomcat or the servlet "OpenCMS" in a way
that existing connections are not affected and that we can see the changes
within the content of the servlet?
I saw something like "reloadable=true" in server.xml-file, but HOW does this
work together with the WARP-Connector and Apache?

Thanks for help

Best regards
 Martin

Martin Buehrle, FCI1
EADS - European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company
85705 UNTERSCHLEISSHEIM
Telefax: +49 89 3179-8927
eMail: Martin.Buehrle@lfk.eads.net